A wonderful asian zingy salad that brings a dazzling array of colours to the dining table. Whilst lentils can be tricky for those doing fodmap, canned lentils are low fodmap in small serving.
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp crushed ginger
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp orange zest
2 tbsp olive oil
450 g Japanese Orange Squash (diced)
130 g parsnip (sliced into thick sticks)
250 g carrot (cut into large chunks)
150 g canned baby beetroot (drained and halved)
1 tsp cumin seeds
400 g canned lentils (drained and rinsed thoroughly)
90 g (3 cups) baby spinach
60 ml (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
Season with salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (355ºF) bake function. Mix together the miso paste, crushed ginger, maple syrup, orange zest, and olive oil.
- Prep the vegetables and transfer into a lined roasting tray (they should be in a single layer). Then brush with half of the miso marinade (reserve the remaining marinade) and sprinkle with cumin seeds.
- Roast in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and golden (they should be starting to caramelize).
- Drain and rinse the lentils. Mix the orange juice through the miso dressing.
- Arrange the spinach onto the plates and top with the roast veggies and lentils. Then drizzle with miso dressing. Enjoy!