By Erica Ascenza
40g blueberries max per serving is acceptable for low FODMAP diet, this recipe will have approx 20 g per serving
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30-40 minutes (depending on type of oven)
- 300 g Doves Farm gluten free self raising flour (or Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour)
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120g butter, softened
- 100-150 g granulated sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 large eggs (or 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 ml almond/oat/soya milk
- 150 g blueberries (or 1 large banana if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin
- Whisk together the flour with the baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar with an electric beater or in a food processor until it forms a thick paste and then slowly incorporate the eggs whilst still whisking it.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Then slowly add the milk and the vanilla extract. Mix until you get a thick batter (thicker than pancakes batter)
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a spoon or spatula taking care not to mush them in the batter
- Fill the greased loaf Tin and place in the warmed oven
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes
- Allow the fruit loaf to cool in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The loaf can be sliced and kept in individual servings in the fridge or frozen to eat on different days/weeks